Monday, March 12, 2012

Visiting Teaching Moment

From Vionna Kunz

I feel strongly about the VT program. Love the ladies we visit teach. I feel we get to understand their needs by going and being with them at their homes. Grow with them in the love and the concerns. They have for their families, their achievements, goals and desires. Without taking the time to go there we wouldn’t be able to be a part of that circle. And in turn they help me when I need them. This time, once again, they came to my house to receive the visint message because of my recent surgeries. They could wait a month or two but chose to come to my house to us. That’s what service really is. Our sisters, I hope look forward to our visit and in turn give us the blessing of sharing our lives with them. My partner is so very special to me, she works with my handicaps and makes me feel needed. We all need to feel needed. Bonnie Jacobs is that person!

There are two ladies in our ward who aren’t my visiting teachers but look out for me in many ways. Becky Boone cleans my walks, mows my lawns & weed eats and in general really puts forth an effort to look after me and my family. I feel the spirit she carries in my behalf. I know she’s busy, but radiates the Christ like love to me and others she’s around.

Cara Hall as well calls to check on me to see how I’m doing and to see what she can do to help me. She’s gone to the store many times and has brought in different food dishes for me to try. She stayed all night while Brad was in the hospital. She too radiates the Christ like love and service to me and my family. For this I’m very thankful. I’m thankful for the relief society program and for the opportunity it gives us to serve those around us.

I've also been blessed by many others who have brought by flowers, cards or just stopped by or called to check on my on my family. I'm so grateful to be surrounds by such loving friends.

No comments: