Thursday, February 9, 2012

Visiting Teaching Moment

One of my visiting teaching memories/messages relates back about 28 years ago. We (my late husband Scott) myself and our 6 year old daughter Courtney moved from Salt Lake to the small town of Hinckley, Utah. It was a difficult time for me because I had never lived away from my wonderful family. It was a lonely time for me, I just felt out-of-sorts. My husband had family there which was great but none the less I missed my family. The one thing that brought me through that difficult time was the church and more specifically my dear visiting teachers. They came and taught me and in a short time I was one of the bunch, feeling a part. Moving to a small town is something I really cherish now. As I look back, the ward family was so close and loving, I felt like I was "home". I still keep in touch with Joanie Maxfield, she moved away to Tremonton from Hinckley a few years before we moved here to Lehi. We lived in Hinckley for 20 some years. I have loved the sisters I have visit taught and those that visit me. What an inspired program visiting teaching is, we are so blessed to have it in our lives.

Paula Cloward

No comments: