Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Visiting Teaching Moment

My testimony of visiting teaching started small at 18 years old but has grown to one of deep appreciation and love for the program. It's really not about counting an actual visit for me each month. I have a deep love and and appreciation for the sisters I visit and those who visit me.

If you reflect on the purpose of visiting teaching, it makes complete sense. There is no way the Bishop, Relief Society President and other leaders can keep track of all the needs and concerns in the ward. How fitting that we are given small groups of people to have a stewardship over. We are the watchmen for each other. If visiting teaching didn't happen, how would we know how to serve and help each other? Such a big part of visiting teaching is also reporting how our sisters are doing...sometimes its the only way our needs are met by each other.

While I am far from perfect at this program (as Trina and Tricia can attest!) I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a visiting teacher. I understand it's meaning and the months I do get to visit with them, my love for them and visiting teaching grows. I also love the sisters who visit me and have made a lifelong friend through my visiting teacher in the ward! I'm grateful to be a part of this amazing ward and the influence each of you has in my life! Love you all!

Lindsay

No comments: